21st Birthday Cake Recipes – The best recipes are those that are simple to execute and work consistently well. So this post is going to be about the most perfectly simple, yet impressive birthday cake – a beautiful light vanilla sponge layer cake, with beautiful buttery meringue swiss buttercream and that drizzle of shiny dark chocolate removes the sweetness that we love so much (for those few who think “noooo not another chocolate drip cake!” – What are you?! Why do you EVER say no to more chocolate?!)
Ok, I’m going to be up front and say that this isn’t as easy as throwing an all-in-one batter in the oven and producing a crowd-pleasing Victoria Sponge. Sometimes you need something with more wow factor, more oomph, more pizzazz. And as good as Victoria Sponge is, it’s not quite up to special birthdays or really impressing guests.
21st Birthday Cake Recipes
Catherine Frawley, my food photographer friend and novice baker, tested the recipe (and also took all the beautiful photos) and had this to say about it:
St Birthday Cakes
“While I’m a pretty confident cook and baker, masquerading a cake competently (and I’m not just saying it’s rustic) is something that takes some practice. And two non-negotiable tips from Reshmi are a turntable (not the musical variety! Affiliate Link ) and an angled palette knife.
Holding the spatula knife at a 45 degree angle and turning the cake on the table will take some getting used to but the buttercream is forgiving and you can keep adding and removing until you have a smooth coating and uniform crumb.
I followed Reshmi’s birthday cake recipes exactly as directed and it turned out to be my most impressive bake ever.”
2) Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy with the paddle attachment on a stand mixer (or if you have the guns, whisk).
Top 21 Insane 21st Birthday Cakes For Girls Turning 211
3) Add the eggs and beat on medium speed until incorporated. Throw in the dry ingredients and vanilla and beat until just combined and no lumps remain – be careful not to over mix.
4) Grease two 6 inch tins well with extra butter. Divide the batter equally between the two tins and level the tops with the back of a spoon. Bake for 25-30 minutes, and check if it’s done by inserting a cocktail stick or paring knife into the center of the sponge – it’s ready when it just comes out clean with no wet smears.
5) Let them cool in the tins at room temperature for 15 minutes before removing them from the tins and place them on a wire rack to cool completely.
6) Once completely cooled, wrap cling film around each sponge individually to preserve moisture and freshness. At this point you can even freeze the sponges for up to a month to use them at a later date.
Super Cool 21st Birthday Cakes Ideas For Boys And Girls
1) Place the egg whites and caster sugar in a clean bowl of a stand mixer without traces of fat over a saucepan of simmering water over medium heat. Make sure that the water in the saucepan does not touch the bottom of the bowl containing the egg whites and sugar. Whisk with a hand whisk until all the sugar has dissolved, the mixture is foamy and has reached 60 degrees C or is warm to the touch.
2) Place the bowl of the stand mixer in the stand mixer and mix on high speed with the whisk attachment until the mixture has reached stiff glossy peaks and the bowl is cool to touch. This is now the Swiss meringue base.
3) Add the vanilla, salt and soft cubes of butter on low speed until everything is combined. The mixture looks curdled and scary. Don’t worry or panic. Increase the speed to high and beat until it all comes together as a smooth and silky buttercream (it takes about 5-8 minutes to reach this stage). Now you have the most delicious buttercream known to man and you can further flavor it with cocoa powder, fruit purees, lemon juice, caramel, spiced rum, anything you like.
4) Place your cake board on the turntable and pipe two tablespoons of frosting into the center. Place a sponge layer in the middle of the cake board and using an angled spatula spread a layer of frosting evenly on top. Sandwich with the other sponge layer and spread another even layer of frosting on top.
Unique Crepe Cake Recipes
5) Spread a thin layer of frosting on the sides using the angled spatula to smooth and remove any excess buttercream. This layer is called the crumb coat. Put the cake in the fridge for 10 minutes to firm up before spreading another layer of frosting around the sides (unless you want to keep things uncovered, that’s cool too!). You can smooth out any lumps and uneven spots by running the spatula under hot water to warm and dry it before smoothing out the bumps. Stick it back in the fridge for 10 minutes.
Now you can glaze the cake using our tried, tested and highly acclaimed Chocolate Drip Cake Recipe. We used sprinkles and piped a buttercream star using a large star nozzle and a piping bag on top. And more sprinkles. Cuz … it’s a perfect birthday cake!
Please don’t forget to show me your creations by tagging @ and # on Instagram. I’m sure it will be worth all the heart-eyes emojis in the world.
And if baking your own birthday cake isn’t possible check out our Birthday Cakes here which can be delivered anywhere in London and nearby. Cake is the best gift for your kids to celebrate his or her birthday. They will have a great memory of their special day. You will do yourself a favor to make the birthday cake for your children. If you are looking for more ideas on how to make the perfect birthday cake for your child, you are in the right place.
Finally Legal Barbie Cake
Have you ever made a birthday cake? What was your favorite cake to make? Do you know any good cakes to make for children or adults? Here is the list of ideas for 21st birthday cake ideas.
A girl’s 21st birthday cake should be sweet and fun. In this place you will find some beautiful and tasty cakes for a sweet and colorful birthday party. For 21st birthday cake ideas, you can find many of the best cake ideas for her.
If you are planning to have a 21st Birthday Cake for Men for a birthday party or you just want to treat someone special, then these cake ideas are just the right cakes for you.
Everyone loves a good cake! And, if you have the time and skill https://jccdallas.org/, you can make almost any kind of cake you want. If you are planning to have a 21st Birthday Cake for Men or women for a birthday party or you just want to treat someone special, then these cake ideas are just the cakes good for you It doesn’t matter if you are having a child or an adult party, you can have a wonderful birthday cake. I was asked to make a 21st birthday cake for a young man. I’m told he likes his bed and computers.
St Birthday Cake Topper Rose Gold Hello 21 Birthday Cake
First, cover the cake board in a black and white marble effect and set aside. Then, I baked the cake. I baked three oblong sponge cakes and let them cool before icing and icing in white fondant. I then placed the cake on the cake board and lined the bottom of the cake with blue icing
Next I made the pillow and made an incision where the head should lie. I made a head using one of my face shapes in colored skin modeling paste and attached it to the pillow and then I started making the body. I made the pj’s in light blue modeling paste and attached the feet to the end of the legs. Then she took out a square of dark blue fondant for the blanket and rolled it over the body.
I made the arms and stuck them in place using a little water. When the head was hardened, its color was black.
From brown modeling paste, I made the headboard and left it overnight to harden. Next I made the chest of draws making small balls for the handles. I also made some brown footstools and some brown slippers.
Old Fashioned Yellow Birthday Cake » Hummingbird High
For the TV, phone and Xbox, I used black modeling paste. For the TV I printed an image of a video game and modeled the TV around it by making a TV stand, too. Attach this to the drawers using a wooden skewer.
Next I modeled the phone using a tiny printed image to make it look like an iPhone. Then I modeled an Xbox and a controller and some headphones. Stick them all in place using a little water. To finish I made a mat with blue fondant and attached the number 21. I made a black plaque with her birthday and cut the name Luke on it.
21st Birthday Cake Tatty Teddy Bear Cakes Pretty Homemade Princess Cakes Pirate Birthday Cakes Cakes And How To Tips Best Pirate Cake
Walmart 21st birthday cake, 21st birthday cake delivery, 21st birthday cake barbie, 21st birthday cake ideas, order 21st birthday cake, best 21st birthday cake, 21st birthday cake designs, 21st birthday cake images, happy 21st birthday cake, 21st birthday cake decorations, cake 21st birthday, 21st birthday cake toppers