Fimela.com, Jakarta Want to make steamed dumplings the delicious one? Come on, try the following Fimela’s chosen recipe. There are five steamed siomay recipes that you can make yourself.
Compared to fried preparations, these steamed dumplings have a lower cholesterol content. Moreover, combined with vegetables, it becomes even more special. For more, see the description below.
1. Siamese Pumpkin Chicken Siomay Recipe
- 1 fruit chayote
- 50 ml cold water (ice water)
- 250 grams of ground chicken meat
- 1 egg
- 250 grams of wheat flour
- 300 grams of tapioca flour
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 tsp broth powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 3 scallions, sliced
- enough dumpling skin
How to make
1. Puree the chayote plus a little water with a blender.
2. Mix the chayote, chicken meat, eggs, and green onions. Stir well.
3. Add flour, tapioca flour, broth powder, salt and pepper.
4. Add water little by little while kneading the dough.
5. Heat the steamer.
6. Prepare the tray cake mold. Take the dumpling skin, fill with the dough, sprinkle with grated carrots, put it in the mold. Do it until all the ingredients run out.
7. Steam the dumplings for about 25 minutes until cooked. Lift and serve.