- 500 g of glutinous rice
- 300 ml of water
- 100 ml thick coconut milk
- Young coconut serundeng, to taste
- 3 pandan leaves
- 2 tsp salt
- Banana leaves to taste skewer
How to make
- Previously the glutinous rice had been soaked for at least 5 hours to make it soft, it could also be overnight if you don’t mind waiting a bit longer.
- Heat the steamer. Cover with banana leaves. Pour the glutinous rice that has been washed clean. Add pandan leaves that have been squeezed and tied in a knot, steam for 30 minutes.
- Transfer the glutinous rice to a pot or it could be a rice cooker. Pour in coconut milk, salt and enough water to add to the lack of coconut milk when cooking glutinous rice.
- Cook until done. Stir well and let it not get too hot.
- Take enough sticky rice, cover your hands with plastic. Flatten and fill with a sufficient amount of serundeng. Cover and wrap with banana leaves. Do it to the end.
- If you want the lemper to be more tender, you can steam it after the lemper is wrapped in banana leaves.
So, those are some delicious cake recipes wrapped in banana leaves cooked by steaming and low in cholesterol. Of all the cakes above, which one is your favourite? Hopefully the above recipe is useful.
Leave a Reply