- 2 boxes of tofu
- 1 potato
- 6 shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 red chilies
- 3 candlenuts
- ½ tsp coriander
- 3 pieces of lime leaves
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp sweet soy sauce
- 300 ml of water
- Salt, flavoring and sugar to taste
How to make:
- Clean the tofu and diced potatoes. Fry until golden yellow, drain.
- Grind spices such as shallots, garlic, hazelnuts, red chilies, salt, coriander, sugar and flavorings.
- Saute the spices with a little oil in a pan, sauté until the spices give off a fragrant aroma.
- Add water and sweet soy sauce. When it’s boiling, add the fried tofu.
- Cook the tofu stew until the gravy is boiling and slightly absorbed.
- Turn off the stove, and serve the tofu stew while it’s still warm.
Here are some recipes for tofu sauce without coconut milk that are delicious to eat, perfect for keeping cholesterol levels in check.