- 500 grams of beef with a little fat
- 5 tbsp olive oil, for sautéing the spices
- 1 liter of water
- 250 ml thick coconut milk
- 3 pieces of lime leaves
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, bruised
- 1 knuckle galangal, bruised
- 1 knuckle ginger, bruised
- Sweet soy sauce, to taste
- 2 tomatoes, quartered
- Cabbage, to taste
- 1 spring onion, roughly chopped
- 3 celery leaves
- Fried shallots, to taste
- 5 curly chilies, thinly sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 5 shallots
- 7 bird’s eye chilies
- 3 candlenuts
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- Food seasoning, to taste
- Salt to taste
How to make
- Boil beef until tender. To make the beef tender quickly, you can boil it with papaya leaves or pineapple slices.
- Remove then drain the beef that has been boiled until tender. If the meat is cold, thinly sliced according to taste.
- Heat the oil, saute the spices that have been mashed until fragrant.
- Add the lemon grass, galangal, ginger, bay leaves and lime leaves. Stir well.
- Add water to the seasoning stir fry, add the sliced meat. Stir well.
- Bring all the ingredients to a boil, add sweet soy sauce, curly chilies, cabbage, tomatoes, green onions and celery leaves. Cook until all ingredients are cooked.
- Add coconut milk, cook again until it boils and add fried shallots.
- Correct the taste, cook all the ingredients until the coconut milk thickens enough and the meat becomes more tender and the spices are absorbed.
- Remove the cooked tongseng, serve with warm rice.
Those are some recipes for cooking meat mixed with vegetables that are delicious and healthier. Of all the recipes above, which one is your favourite? Enjoy trying the recipe above and hope your family at home likes it.