- 250 grams of chicken breast fillet
- 5 boxes of white tofu, crushed
- basil leaves to taste
- 3 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 egg white
- banana leaves for wrapping
- vinegar, salt and pepper solution for marinating the chicken
- 7 grains of shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 candlenuts
- 5 red bird’s eye chilies
- 8 large red chilies
How to make
1. Marinate the chopped chicken in a solution of vinegar, salt and pepper for 15 minutes. Rinse with clean water.
2. Mix the chicken meat with the tofu. Add ground spices, tomatoes, and basil leaves. Stir well. Add egg white. Stir well.
3. Prepare banana leaves that have been cut into several pieces. Take about 3 tablespoons of dough to be wrapped in banana leaves. Do it until all the ingredients run out.
4. Heat the steamer. Steam the pepes for about 20 minutes.
5. Steamed pepes can be grilled briefly before serving.
Good luck and hope you like it!