- 5 pieces of smoked stingray
- 100 ml of milk
- 1 big box of white tofu
- 1 small bunch of basil
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- sugar, salt, pepper, broth powder to taste
- enough water
- oil to taste oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 5 shallots
- 3 cm kencur
- 2 cm ginger
- 4 large red chilies
- 5 bird’s eye chilies (according to taste)
- 2 cm turmeric
- 2 candlenuts
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 pieces of lime leaves
- 3 cm galangal
- 2 large red chilies
- 2 green chilies
- 2 red tomatoes
How to make:
- Toast all the spices that will be mashed, then after cooking, grind them finely.
- Cut the tofu and fry it until the outside is brown. Fry the smoked fish briefly, drain.
- Cut the big red chilies, green chilies and red tomatoes obliquely.
- Crush the galangal, and tear the lime leaves.
- Sauté the ground spices for a while, add all the mixed spices, stir-fry briefly until fragrant.
- Add smoked fish and tofu, then pour water to submerge the fish.
- Cook until it boils, then pour in the milk, stir well.
- Add brown sugar, sugar, salt, pepper, broth powder to taste, cook until boiling then add basil leaves.
- Stir well until it smells delicious, remove from heat.
Those are some delicious catfish mangut recipes that you can try at home. Enjoy the savory and addicting smoked fish mangut.