6 Egg Yolk Cake Recipes – This is not your ordinary lemon cake – this EggYolk cake is the perfect moist and tender crumb with fresh lemon juice and zest for a bright citrus flavor. The perfect cake for breakfast, dessert or a snack!
I never get tired of cakes – making them or eating them! Even if it’s as good or as simple as this eggyolklemon cake, I can’t get enough of it.
6 Egg Yolk Cake Recipes
And this simple lemon cake is perfect. It is made with eggyolks and other ingredients. The yolks add richness and moisture – you don’t have to worry about a dry cake with this recipe.
Ways To Use Up Leftover Egg Yolk — Egg Yolk Recipes
The texture is like pound cake or sponge cake, and each bite is bursting with lemon flavor. It’s very easy to make, but don’t let that fool you – it’s a delicious lemon cake for any occasion.
I like the original for breakfast or as a snack with a cup of coffee. Or sprinkle it with powdered sugar and serve it as an after-dinner snack. Everyone will love the top of this yolk remonegg cake, I promise you.
For every cup of whole flour, take two tablespoons and replace it with two tablespoons of cornstarch. The flour and cornstarch should be kneaded twice, this will ensure that they are well combined without any lumps. Cake flour in cakes gives you a very soft texture and a nice crumb, and it also helps the cake rise.
You can use a 9″ cake pan or a 9 to 10″ bundt pan pan for this recipe. Heat the oil and flour and preheat the oven to 350°F.
Cured Egg Yolks Recipe
In a separate large bowl (or in a stand mixer), beat the egg yolks and sugar until the mixture is light and fluffy. Mix milk, oil, sugar and milk.
If you’re worried about your cake falling or not baking enough, then a bundt pan is always a good choice.
For this lemonggyolk cake, I like to keep it simple by just sprinkling powdered sugar on top. For dessert, you can share pieces of cake with toppings. Here are some ideas:
Store the baked cake at room temperature wrapped in plastic or in an airtight cake container. It will keep for 3 days at room temperature. You can also store the cake in the refrigerator, it must be airtight or dry, and it will stay for 5 days in the refrigerator, bring it to room temperature before serving.
Baking My First Cake: Guava Cake
Once the cake is completely cool, double wrap it in foil or plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container. It will keep in the fridge for up to 3 months. Let the cake thaw overnight on the counter before serving.
At our house, we eat cake almost any time of the day, and this lemon egg yolkcake is our favorite to make. Have fun!
Egg Yolk Lemon Cake A very moist and tender crumb with fresh lemon juice and zest for a bright citrus aroma. The perfect lemon cake for breakfast, dessert or a snack!
Calories: 210 kcal Carbohydrates: 32 g Protein: 4 g Fat: 8 g Saturated Fat: 2 g Polyunsaturated Fat: 3 g Monounsaturated Fat: 2 g Trans Fat: 1 g Cholesterol: 57 mg Sodium: 73 mg Potassium: 138 mg Fiber: 1 g Sugar: 12 g Vitamin A: 98 IU Vitamin C: 1 mg Magnesium: 69 mg Iron: 1 mg Salt-cured fruits—in all physical forms—are common in Asian diets. . Cooks strike gold to make fried seafood (pla meuk phad kai kem); dip into glazed moon-cakes (the kind of moon-yolk you eat—if you’re like me, stuffed—at the Fall Festival); it is injected, as a liquid, into steamed buns (called lou sah bao, which means “sandy buns”—the restaurant has to be very careful, to be polite, with its first bite).
Super Moist Yellow Cake With Rich Chocolate Frosting Recipe
Salted for a month, preserved salted eggs – sold whole, still in the shell – add a golden umami flavor to everything. The salt penetrates the shell, turning it from neon-orange, to a texture that’s chewy and oozy. For goodness sake, I went with the dry cure, and salted right into the yolks. Curing takes only a few days (drying all the eggs takes about 30 days) and although these yolks come out flat, they are beaten to break. Because the recovery process requires a lot of thought, consider preserving the extra yolks. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and keep well for up to 2 weeks. You can grate the preserved lettuce over salads, pasta dishes, or as a topping for aioli. However, if you are near an Asian store, you will find salted eggs in the egg section; grab it and go straight to step 3.
Here, the preserved fruit is rich in salt to enhance the flavor—and deepen the flavor—of the pound cake. As the sugar settles in the pan, it forms a crusty crust, resulting in a dense crumb. Look at the stray bits of salted egg yolk; if you’re like me, you choose and feed it to the person you love. The cake is sturdy enough to fit into an afternoon tea, and elegant (but, you know, normal for that) is suitable for dinner. an old fashioned chiffon cake. If you like the combination of sweet and savory in a cake or dessert, you will love this salted egg yolk chiffon cake.
My collection of chiffon cakes is not complete without the addition of a salted egg version 🙂 I have mentioned before that I love the sweet and savory combination of cakes and desserts. The flavor and umami that salted fruits provide is amazing. It works well in a simple sweet cake like a chiffon cake (a lot of cakes I can imagine). You can use store-bought salted duck eggs or make your own salted eggs
1. Boil the salted eggs for 10 minutes, then mash with a fork until nice and smooth. Set aside to cool
Vegan Mooncakes (6 Ways!) 純素月餅
2. Preheat the oven to 330 F (165 C). My oven is a conventional oven with bottom heat. If you have a convection oven, I suggest lowering the temperature by 25 F (15 C). Mix the egg, sugar, oil, milk, and egg yolk until combined
5. Place the egg whites in an oil-free mixing bowl or mixing bowl. Beat on high speed until frothy, then add the acid and beat for another minute. Add the sugar in 3 parts and increase the speed to high and beat until the egg whites reach stiff peaks. You can stop halfway to check it out. The meringue should hold its shape if you turn it upside down and slightly bend at the end without moving. Stop killing to get to this stage
6. Fold 1/3 of the meringue into the cake batter. You can use a rubber spatula or a wire whisk to fold it. I prefer to use a phone charger these days. Swipe down and fold up to combine the meringue with the cake batter
8. You want to work quietly but effectively. Don’t overdo it until you squeeze out most of the air in the meringue. You should not see any white meringue in the cake pan
Keto Recipes For Leftover Egg Yolks
9. Pour the cake batter into the UNGREASED chiffon cake pan. Smooth the surface with a rubber spatula. Tap the cake pan on the counter 3-4 times
10. I use a bamboo skewer or chopstick and run it through the dough to pop the air bubbles inside.
11. Place on the middle rack in the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes for a 7-inch cake and 50 minutes for an 8-inch cake, then reduce the temperature to 300 F (150 C ) and bake for 5-10 minutes or until a tester comes out clean. Keep pulling the cake pan from a height of 10 cm onto the counter until it drops slightly 2-3 times, then turn the tube pan upside down to cool completely in this position.
12. Once completely cooled, use the offset spacer to run around the outside and center of the tube to help release the cake. Gently push the base to lift the cake out. Again use the spatula to run it to the base of the pan and then gently release the cake onto the plate.
Tahini Chiffon Cake With Burnt Honey Cream And Poached Rhubarb Recipe
All three of us enjoyed this salted egg yolks chiffon cake. My daughter didn’t really like it because she’s never been a big fan of salty products, but she loved the softness and fluffiness of the chiffon cake. Salted eggs are bold in the cake but not overpowering. You know it’s there but not too much.
I love it when you snap a photo and tag to show me what you made 🙂 Just tag me @ # on Instagram and I’ll be sure to stop by and take a look for real!
Marvellina is a food blogger, recipe developer, photographer and publisher at What To Cook Today. A food blog that brings you authentic Asian recipes. There are many of you
6 egg yolk recipe, egg yolk cake recipe, moon cake egg yolk, 6 egg yolk recipes, 12 egg yolk cake, egg yolk sponge cake, egg yolk cake recipes, recipes for egg yolk, egg yolk pound cake, 6 egg yolk custard, egg yolk cake, cake without egg yolk