Cake Recipe Veg – This easy Eggless vanilla cake recipe makes a moist and delicious sponge every time. It’s great to enjoy with a homemade strawberry glaze, or to use as a base for many cream cakes and tarts. Here you’ll find my step-by-step instructions, a video with photos, as well as expert tips for making a vanilla cake that won’t fail for your next party.
Vanilla cake is a classic cake that many people love. Although there are many ways to make this cake, my recipe is eggless and gives a soft and moist crumb.
Cake Recipe Veg
Usually when I make Eggless Cakes, I use a mixture of vinegar + baking soda and yes. The way the vinegar reacts with the baking soda releases carbon dioxide and this aerates the batter which helps to leaven the cake.
Kitkat Cake With Sponge Recipe (eggless) By Archana’s Kitchen
This eggless vanilla cake uses the same recipe. It’s the perfect no-fail recipe that works every time. Along with vinegar and baking soda, I also use yogurt and melted butter to make the cake soft and fluffy.
Yoghurt gives a nice, light crumb to the eggless vanilla cake, and the butter makes each bite extra delicious. I use this cake as a base for baked goods such as Eggless Strawberry Cake and Pineapple Cake. But you can enjoy it as a simple tea cake.
I also shared a simple homemade strawberry jam recipe in this post. In other words, the sweet strawberry flavor makes the cake
Before making the eggless vanilla cake recipe, prepare all your ingredients. Make sure they are all at room temperature, except for the butter which can be cold or removed immediately from the fridge.
Easy School Cake Recipe
1.Start by adding 1.5 cups of all-purpose flour with 1 tsp of baking powder and a pinch of salt in a sieve placed over a mixing bowl.
3. Grease a 7.5 or 8 inch round pan with butter. You can line the pan with parchment paper if you like. One of my old (but still sturdy and well-maintained) pots in the picture below.
4. Heat a little more than ½ cup of butter in a small pan or bowl over medium-low heat until melted.
5. Measure the melted butter into a ½ measuring cup. Set aside. Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit) for 15 to 20 minutes before baking.
Sugar Free Eggless Cake
6. In another bowl, add ¾ cup of raw sugar (or white sugar), 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, ¼ cup of curd (yogurt) and 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar.
NOTE: Beat the curd separately in a bowl and add. Also use fresh curd and not sour curd.
8. Whisk quickly until all the sugar is dissolved and the curd is evenly mixed. It should resemble buttermilk, light in color and foamy.
It is important that you beat the curd before adding as mentioned above so that you don’t have small lumps of curd in this liquid mixture.
Best Eggless Cheesecake
10. Stir until the baking soda is evenly mixed. The baking soda will add more water to this wet mixture.
12. Mix very well with a wire whisk. Break up any lumps by beating them with a whisk. Be careful not to overmix the batter.
14.Place the dough in a greased pan. Tap the pan on the countertop a few times to release any extra bubbles and spread the batter evenly in the pan.
15. Place the cake pan in the preheated oven on the middle rack. If you are using an OTG or conventional oven, preheat the upper and lower heating elements.
Eggless Carrot Bundt Cake
16. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius (375 degrees Fahrenheit) for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top is golden.
TIP 1: The baking time varies according to the different types of oven and the temperature is not the same. So this eggless vanilla cake recipe may take a little more time to bake in your oven. Keep an eye on the cake as it bakes so it doesn’t brown too much.
TIP 2: Remember not to open the oven door until ¾ of the cake is baked. Opening and closing the oven door too often can cause your cake to sink or fall.
TIP 3: When the cake starts to turn golden and you see that it is browning quickly, then cover the top with aluminum foil or butter paper and continue baking.
Eggless Pineapple Upside Down Cake Recipe
17. Test the delivery of eggless vanilla cake with a bamboo skewer. It should be clean with no batter sticking to it.
18. Place the pan on a wire tray or rack and let the cake cool to room temperature. Allow the cake to cool completely before spreading the jam glaze on it.
This eggless vanilla cake is so delicious, it doesn’t need any other ingredients. However, fresh fruit jam, buttercream icing or rich chocolate ganache are great options to make the cake extra special.
1. Start by adding ½ cup of the sweet fruit jam of your choice to a small skillet or pan. I used Homemade Strawberry Jam to make this cake filling recipe.
Eggless Vanilla Sponge/cake
2. Now add 1 tablespoon of tapioca starch or arrowroot powder or corn starch, along with 3 tablespoons of water (or more if needed) and 1 tablespoon of butter.
You can use any type of starch-edible thickener available to you. All three starches I listed above soften the glaze well.
So add any of them to seal the glaze. In the picture below, the white powder is tapioca starch.
5. Cover over low heat for 3 to 4 minutes until the glaze thickens, stirring often. Do not boil or cook the mixture too much. Set aside and let the jam glaze cool a little, so that it is warm and not hot.
Eggless Sponge Cake Recipe: How To Make Eggless Sponge Cake Recipe For Christmas At Home
1. When the eggless vanilla cake has cooled, gently remove it from the pan. Place it on a board, tray or plate or cake stand. A rotating cake stand makes it easy to apply the glaze.
Place some of the jam on top and use a spatula to spread the glaze evenly over the top and sides of the cake.
3. Cover with a large metal bowl, taking care that the coconut and ice do not touch the bowl. Allow the glaze to cool completely and set aside. After that, cut and serve. You can also store in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours and then serve.
NOTE that the butter hardens when refrigerated. This makes the cake texture slightly thicker. So let the cake come to room temperature before serving. Or you can lightly heat it in your oven at 90 degrees Celsius (195 degrees Fahrenheit) for a few minutes.
How To Make Marble Cake Recipe Eggless
Please be sure to rate the recipe on the recipe card or leave a comment below if you have already done so. For more animal inspiration, Sign up for my emails or follow me on Instagram, Youtube, Facebook, Pinterest or Twitter.
This easy Eggless vanilla cake recipe makes a moist and delicious sponge every time. It’s great to enjoy with a homemade strawberry glaze, or to use as a base for cream cakes and tarts.
This eggless vanilla cake recipe from the blog archive was first published in November 2013 and was republished and updated on January 9, 2022 with new photos, a video, and minor tweaks to basic recipe to make the best vanilla cake.
Welcome to Dassana’s Veg Recipes. I share vegetarian recipes from India and around the world. As I have been cooking for decades and have a knack for cooking and baking, I help make your cooking journey easier with my tried and tested recipes illustrated with step-by-step photos. step by step & many tips and suggestions. Imagine yourself on a rainy day, everyone is huddled in your bed with nowhere to go and you desire something basic but still a sin! Well, I was in that situation and wanted to go back to my eggless vanilla and eggless chocolate cake recipe. In fact, they are perfect for any day. I can’t even remember since I’ve been using them all the time or on a regular day!
Banana Cake Recipe
These recipes are versatile and can be varied without letting the texture or taste be affected. I love a sweet, soft and moist vanilla cake on some days and on others what’s better than good old fashioned chocolate cake? These recipes can be used in your kitchen as a sponge for a moist cake or when combined with nuts, chocolate chips or anything else; like a tea cake!
The eggless vanilla cake batter is thicker in this version than the chocolate cake, so don’t panic if you run into it while making both. The texture of the eggless vanilla cake is moister than the chocolate cake due to the addition of cocoa powder. But both are moist in their taste.
Eggless chocolate cake is on the lighter side than eggless vanilla cake. The flavors are really different as in vanilla cake we add vanilla extract and vanilla aroma is very necessary here. Eggless chocolate cake has a strong chocolate flavor because of the coffee powder we add.
If you like dry cakes
Eggless Tiramisu Cake (easy Italian Dessert)
Easy veg cake recipe, veg cake recipe, veg birthday cake recipe, simple veg cake recipe, veg cake recipe without oven, veg recipe, simple veg chocolate cake recipe, chocolate cake recipe veg recipes of india, veg chocolate cake recipe, veg black forest cake recipe, veg cake recipe in oven, veg pan cake recipe