- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees Celsius.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks and sugar until well blended and slightly thickened. Make sure the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the heavy cream and vanilla extract to the egg yolk mixture. Stir well until all the ingredients are perfectly mixed.
- Sieve the mixture through a fine sieve to ensure a smooth texture and free of lumps.
- Pour batter into ramekins or small heatproof cups, about half to three-quarters full.
- Prepare a large baking sheet filled with warm water. Place the ramekins in a baking dish with water until they reach half the height of the ramekins. This will help ensure an even temperature when baking the cream brûlée.
- Bake in the oven for about 40-45 minutes or until the surface of the cream brûlée shivers when shaken gently. Make sure that the center of the cream brûlée is still slightly vibrating.
- Once cooked, remove the ramekins from the hot water pan and let cool to room temperature. After that, keep it in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours to harden.
- Before serving, sprinkle the surface of the cream brûlée with a layer of powdered sugar. Use a flame broiler or hot grill to melt and caramelize the sugar to form a crispy layer on top.
Serve immediately and enjoy the delicious cream brûlée! Try this recipe at home and enjoy its mouth-watering delicacy!
Author: Audi Regita Salsabila
Leave a Reply