- Combine mayonnaise, mentai sauce, sugar, soy sauce and sesame oil in a small bowl. Stir well until all the ingredients are well mixed. This is the mentai sauce that will be the topping for the Salmon Mentai Roll.
- Place a sheet of nori on a sushi mat or clean plastic mat. Spread the sushi rice over the nori, leaving about 2 cm at the top empty. Make sure the rice is evenly distributed over the nori.
- Place the salmon pieces along the sides of the rice. Make sure the salmon pieces cover most of the rice.
- Spread the previously prepared mentai sauce over the salmon pieces. Make sure the mentai sauce is evenly distributed over the surface of the salmon.
- Roll the sushi carefully using a sushi mat or plastic mat. Press gently to make sure the sushi is rolled up tightly.
- Repeat steps 2-5 to make another sushi roll.
- When all the sushi rolls are done, let them rest for a few minutes so that the sushi hardens and makes it easier to cut.
- Cut the sushi rolls into pieces about 2-3 cm thick.
- Arrange the sushi pieces on a serving platter and serve sprinkled with sesame seeds or sliced scallions for a fancier look.
- Salmon Mentai Roll is ready to be enjoyed! You can enjoy it with soy sauce (Japanese soy sauce) or wasabi according to taste.
Salmon Mentai Roll is the perfect dish to serve as an appetizer or as a main course in a Japanese meal. Good luck!
Author: Audi Regita Salsabila
Leave a Reply