- Wash all ingredients. Crush and then thinly slice the lemongrass and ginger. Cut pandan leaves.
- Boil water, add lemon grass, ginger, pandan leaves, cinnamon, cloves, cardamom and star anise.
- Continue boiling for about 10-15 minutes. If the aroma is fragrant, add the brown sugar that has been thinly sliced so that it dissolves quickly. Stir well.
- Add the grated kaffir lime, stir and let it simmer for a while. Taste test, if it’s right, lift.
- Pour and strain the Pokak Wedang into glasses.
- If it’s not sweet enough, you can add your own sugar to taste.
Enjoy while it’s warm. If you like the cold version, you can let it cool and then add ice cubes.