- Mix instant yeast and a little granulated sugar into warm liquid milk. Leave it for 5-10 minutes until it foams.
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Pour the frothy yeast mixture into the hole in the center of the flour mixture. Add egg yolks and melted butter. Mix well to form a soft dough.
- Knead the dough by hand or using a mixer with a hook attachment until the dough is elastic and not sticky. If it’s too sticky, add a little more flour, a teaspoon at a time.
- Leave the dough in the bowl, cover with a clean cloth, and let rise for 1-2 hours until the dough increases in size.
- Once the dough has risen, roll it out onto a floured surface. Roll and flatten the dough to a thickness of about 1 cm.
- Use donut tins or cups of different sizes to cut the dough into donut shapes. Don’t forget to punch a hole in the middle of each donut.
- Place the cut donuts on a floured baking sheet. Let the donuts rise again for about 30-45 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Make sure there is enough oil so that the donuts can be completely submerged when fried. Fry the donuts in hot oil until browned on both sides. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- After the donuts have cooled slightly, sprinkle powdered sugar evenly on the surface of the donuts.
Village donuts are ready to be served! Enjoy delicious village donuts with a cup of tea or coffee, and can be served using your favorite toppings at Fimela’s friends at home. Good luck!
Author: Audi Regita Salsabila