- Peel the garlic, scald with boiling water. Let stand for 1 minute, stir occasionally then drain.
- Soak the garlic in cold water to dissipate the heat.
- Put the onions in the jar. Pour vinegar into the jar so that it submerges all the onions. set aside.
- Boil water, soy sauce and sugar, stir until dissolved and boil. Remove then chill.
- Drain the garlic from the vinegar. Flush with the marinade ingredients that have cooled until all are covered.
- Leave it for 1-2 weeks for the flavors to infuse.
Serve pickles with Korean food, or eat anything that is fatty and needs freshening up.