- First, marinate the duck with a mixture of tamarind water, brown sugar and salt for about 30 minutes. Let stand so that the spices seep into the duck meat.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Fry the marinated duck until brown and cooked. Lift and drain.
- In the same pan, saute ground spices, chopped garlic, ginger, galangal, lime leaves, and lemon grass until fragrant.
- Add green chilies and sliced red chilies. Cook until the chilies wilt and the spices meld.
- Put the duck that has been fried into the pan. Stir well with green chili seasoning.
- Pour enough water and cook over medium heat until the duck is tender and the spices are well absorbed. Stir occasionally so that the spices are evenly distributed.
- Once the duck is cooked, taste it and adjust with salt if needed. Remove from the fire.
- Serve the Minang style green chili duck with warm rice. This dish can be added with sliced shallots and chives as a garnish.
Enjoy the delicious Minang-style green chili duck dish! We hope this recipe is useful and inspires you to try cooking green chili duck at home. Good luck!
Author: Audi Regita Salsabila