- Cut the fish, clean and coat with lime. Leave it for 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Grind the spices, stir-fry until cooked. Add bay leaves and crushed lemon grass.
- When it smells good, add sliced red chilies, whole bird’s eye chilies, and tomatoes. Cut the starfruit, add it too.
- If the spices are cooked, add the fish. Stir and cover the seasoning. Pour enough water, add sugar, salt and seasoning to taste.
- Cook until cooked, add spring onions. if the gravy is reduced and thick, remove.
Enjoy the fish in the yellow tamarind sauce with a sprinkling of green onions.