- Heat the water that has been given salt so that it is salty, then add the rice. Heat for 12 minutes over low heat.
- Drain the rice thoroughly, reserving the rice water. Put the rice back into the pot and steam for 3 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Make peanut sauce. Place the peanut butter in a bowl, then stir it with 30 ml of boiling water until it melts.
- Mix garlic and ginger, soy sauce and chili sauce. Seasonings can be adjusted according to taste.
- After the rice cooking water is cold, measure out 225 ml. then put the vegetable oil, beat the flour and a little salt in a bowl.
- Pour the cooking water into a bowl and mix it into a dough, wait for 5 minutes.
- Place a medium sized skillet over the heat and then pour in some oil. Put enough dough that has been made to cover the bottom of the pan with a thin layer. After setting the bottom of the dough then turn the dough and cook on the other side.
- Place on a tray, cover with foil. Make sure to keep it warm while cooking the remaining batter.
- When the pancakes are done, put some vegetable oil in the pan, add the rice and sauté all the ingredients over high heat until they are crisp and lightly browned. Add vegetables give salt and sauté until brown. Add 2/3 of the peanut sauce and chopped coriander.
- Serve the pancakes with the remaining peanut sauce. Add lime slices, spring onions and chilies on the side. You can add other accompaniments according to taste. If so, rice pancakes with stir-fried vegetables and peanut sauce are ready to be served.
That’s a recipe for cooking using short rice seeds that you can try at home. Good luck.
Author: Nadia Maharani Ardiansih