- Grate the coconut then set aside for a while.
- Soak the mushrooms in hot water for a while. Drain then squeeze the mushrooms. This is done so that the mushrooms do not smell unpleasant or musty.
- Grind the spices.
- Stir the seasoning with grated coconut until smooth. Add mushrooms to it and mix well again. Taste correction.
- Wrap the botok dough in banana leaves, attach a toothpick as a botok key.
- Heat the steamer, steam the botok for about 30 minutes until cooked.
- Turn off the stove, remove and serve the cooked botok.
Very easy recipe right? Enjoy trying this recipe and hope your family at home will like it. For the spiciness level of this botok, you can adjust it according to your taste. Add chili if the botok is not spicy enough, less chili if the botok is too spicy. Hopefully this recipe is useful.