Confused about cooking ideas for preparing Anchor Cheddar Cheese? Take a peek at the following Chicken Ballotine recipe from Chef Devina, it’s sure to be a family favorite at home!
The main ingredient:
1 whole chicken with skin
Butter for greasing
Accompaniment to broth:
3 cloves of garlic
2 stalks of celery leaves
1 liter of water
3 tbsp oil
30 gr ground beef
30 gr smoked beef
35 grams of champignon mushrooms
1 tsp cajun seasoning
20 gr french bread (baguette)
35 gr Anchor Cheddar Cheese
1 tbsp BBQ sauce
½ tsp sugar
⅓ tsp ground beef stock
Salad Dressing (Basil Cheddar Vinaigrette)
75 ml of lemon water
6-8 basil leaves
1 tsp mustard
15 gr Anchor Cheddar Cheese, grated
50 ml extra virgin olive oil
¼ clove of garlic
45 gr Anchor
20 gr of flour
450 ml of chicken broth
50 ml Anchor Cooking Cream
100 gr Anchor Cheddar Cheese, grated
How to cook:
1. Prepare the filling: chop the onion and sauté it in a little oil. set aside. Cut the mushrooms, fry in a little oil. set aside. Next, cut the smoked beef and Anchor Cheddar Cheese, and shred the french bread.
2. Prepare a mixing bowl, add all the filling ingredients, stir until evenly distributed. set aside.
3. Prepare a whole chicken, separate the chicken meat from the bones, save the bones to make chicken broth. Give the lemon juice, salt and pepper to the chicken.
4. Fill the chicken with the stuffing, cover and tie using a string.
5. Place the chicken in the tin, then brush the chicken with Anchor Unsalted Butter. Give a little salt and pepper, spread it all over the surface of the chicken skin.
6. Bake the chicken for 40 minutes or until cooked, then turn and bake for another 10 minutes (baking time can be adjusted according to each oven).
7. Chicken stock: heat a sauce pan and add 3 tablespoons of oil. Add chicken bones, garlic, celery and carrots. Saute for a while then pour the water. Cover the pot and cook over low heat. set aside.
8. Sauce: prepare a sauce pan, melt the Anchor Unsalted Butter and add the flour. Cook for a moment, then pour in the chicken broth and Anchor Cooking Cream. Lastly, add grated Anchor Cheddar Cheese and white pepper. Stir well. The sauce is ready to use.
9. Salad dressing: finely chopped basil leaves and garlic. Prepare a bowl, mix lemon juice, basil leaves, and garlic. Pour extra virgin olive oil little by little while stirring, then add the rest of the ingredients. Stir well.
10. Serve the Chicken Ballotine with sauce and salad.